Re: [opensuse-kernel] opensuse 11.0 kernel patch justification needed from you
  • From: Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 14:21:17 -0800
On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 02:10:07PM -0800, Greg KH wrote:
Greg Kroah-Hartman:
Why aren't these upstream:
patches.drivers/always-announce-new-usb-devices.patch
patches.drivers/nozomi.patch

These two are upstream for 2.6.25.

patches.drivers/sysfs-crash-debugging.patch

This one will never go there, but does live in -mm for people to help
debug stuff with. I'm torn as to if it should ever go to mainline, as
it seems to be less of a real problem these days. I'll probably just
drop it soon.

patches.suse/usb-storage-disable-delay.patch

This is to make usb-storage devices show up faster on the desktop on
request of a lot of people. Upstream wants to have a "safer" default,
but as this seems to be working out well, I might just push this
there...

thanks,

greg k-h