Re: [opensuse-kde3] katepart syntax/javascript.xml broken in 42.3
On 06/08/2018 04:04 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
All,

The javascript kate/kwrite syntax highlighting is broken on 42.3.

After debugging a bit, removing the following lines from the current
restores javascript syntax highlighting in my install:

lines 74-76

<!-- <context name="Shebang" lineEndContext="Normal" attribute="Syntax
Error" fallthrough="true" fallthroughContext="Normal" >
<Detect2Chars column="0" char="#" char1="!" context="Comment"
attribute="Comment" />
</context> -->

Can someone open a javascript file in kate and verify whether syntax
highlight is working in your install with the current file and the current
lines?

I've verified with TDE that javascript highlighting is working with the
current file there -- so I cannot explain why I have to comment the above
lines to restore highlighting on my install.

All master files are at:

https://www.kate-editor.org/syntax/

The javascript.xml file is unchanged between the 2.4 and 3.15 folders.

If it is working on your install, then there must be some combination of
editor settings I'm using that is causing the problem.