RE: [opensuse-kde3] Re: KDE3 Handbooks
  • From: "Robert Smits" <bob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 10:24:45 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Leslie Turriff [mailto:jlturriff@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, August 27, 2017 11:23 PM
To: opensuse-kde3@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [opensuse-kde3] Re: KDE3 Handbooks

On 2017-08-25 15:33:49 Leslie Turriff wrote:
Does anyone know where the KDE 3 Handbooks have gone? Are they
available
somewhere outside of the OpenSuSE repositories?
I'm currently looking on the WayBack machine, and it looks like
maybe the
closest to the final KDE 3.5.10 Docs available there were snapshotted on
2007-12-29. The next snapshot there points to KDE 4. Sadly, the
http://docs.kde.org/ website doesn't seem to provide them as a packaged
set. If anyone knows of a better source, please let us know.

What I'm looking for is more than the KDE Handbook; most of the KDE
applications had their own handbooks.
I haven't kept my old box sets; they were pretty ancient (OpenSuSE
6.3 was
the first, the last was OpenSuSE 8.x?) Way out of date, even for KDE3.
I'll keep digging around in the WayBack Machine and see what I can
find
there.

Leslie, I have boxed sets of 9.3 and 10.1. Where should I look for these
manuals?

Leslie