[opensuse-kde3] Re: Default SDDM cannot be customized or replaced without KDE4 or Plasma?
On 2017-04-24 15:58:25 Ilya Chernykh wrote:
To make a long story short SDDM does not like to relinquish control
easily. If one sets up Leap 42.2 using LightDM and XFCE then SDDM is
never used and it's easier to change to KDE3.
I found that once KDE3 is installed and configured, I was able to get
rid of
SDDM by installing and then deinstalling it. Apparently it is part of the
configuration provided by the installation process (imbedded in the bootup
process?), even if it wasn't 'installed' by the installer, so YaST can't find
it to deinstall it.

Leslie