Re: [opensuse-kde3] What do I need to install to make kdepim3 work in plasma 5?
Robert Smits composed on 2017-08-19 11:49 (UTC-0700):

What do I need to do to install kdepim3 in a standard opensuse 42.2 KDE
install? I don't want to switch back and forth between plasma 5 and KDE3. I'd
rather install KDEPIM3 but don't know what I need to install from the KDE3
repository.

Like with Plasma, all of one DE is not required in order to get one bit of
software from it to run. I would trust the package management system to figure
that out for you. Why not give it a chance?

# zypper in -d kdepim3
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...

The following 4 NEW packages are going to be installed:
kdepim3 libbluetooth3 libgpgme11 libpisock9

The following package is recommended, but will not be installed (only required
packages will be installed):
spamassassin

The following package is suggested, but will not be installed:
kdetoys3

4 new packages to install.
Overall download size: 10.5 MiB. Already cached: 0 B. Download only.
Continue? [y/n/? shows all options] (y):

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/