[opensuse-kde3] Re: Setting up BlueTooth with KDE3
On 2017-07-13 03:23:11 David C. Rankin wrote:
Good to hear. This is a prime example of why I no longer set repo
priorities. (I used that trick in the past -- in the 10.X - 11.x days while
setting /etc/zypp/zypp.con solver.allowVendorChange = true)

Lately, I've found it much more advantageous to simply choose packages by
passing the -r (--repo) flag to zypper to individually select any one (or
set) of packages I want from an alternate vendor selection e.g.

  zypper in -r kde3 package [...]

or using yast and selecting the repository I want files from.

In both cases you are prompted to allow-vendor-change on a per-transaction
basis rather than on a global basis. Have not had a single problem since
11.4 that way.

Thanks for sharing this technique. I'll give it a try.