Re: [opensuse-kde3] Re: Setting up BlueTooth with KDE3
On 07/11/2017 03:30 AM, Leslie Turriff wrote:
I'll have to dig around in the journals to see what's happening with this,
but I thought you might be interested in my progress. :-)
There seems to be no way to clear the partial configuration using
bluetoothctl; at least its internal help feature doesn't show any. What fun.

Good to hear. This is a prime example of why I no longer set repo priorities.
(I used that trick in the past -- in the 10.X - 11.x days while setting
/etc/zypp/zypp.con solver.allowVendorChange = true)

Lately, I've found it much more advantageous to simply choose packages by
passing the -r (--repo) flag to zypper to individually select any one (or set)
of packages I want from an alternate vendor selection e.g.

zypper in -r kde3 package [...]

or using yast and selecting the repository I want files from.

In both cases you are prompted to allow-vendor-change on a per-transaction
basis rather than on a global basis. Have not had a single problem since 11.4
that way.