Re: [opensuse-kde3] Make KDE3 aware of non-KDE programs?
On 07/07/2017 07:37 AM, Leslie Turriff wrote:
On 2017-07-05 14:37:54 David C. Rankin wrote:
On 07/03/2017 06:54 PM, Leslie Turriff wrote:
It's not clear to me where to find Save Session. I have looked in
Kmenu's selection list and in its editor list, but see no such entry.

Sorry Leslie,

You must have set control panel -> KDE Components -> Session Manager ->
On Login -> Restore manually saved session

Then you will see the manual save option below :)

Okay, I made the changes as shown in the attachment, then clicked on
Save
Session in the Kmenu list (which provided no feedback), then logged out and
in again; but the non-KDE application still wasn't restored.

Leslie

Leslie,

You do know you can just drop a symlink to the program you want started on
each login in ~/.kde/Autostart/? I do that for starting syndaemon for
touchpad control, setting the xrandr backlight control for the nvidia driver
and setting all xset options I want for xterm, etc... E.g.,

$ ls -1 ~/.kde/Autostart/
tpad_syndaemon.sh
xrandr_backlight.sh
xset_autostart.sh

They are just symlinks to short shell scripts that start each non-kde
program I want running in each session with the options I want (as well as
providing cli options to change the settings at runtime), e.g.

tpad_syndaemon.sh -> /home/david/scr/cnf/tpad_syndaemon.sh
xrandr_backlight.sh -> /home/david/scr/adm/scrnblnvidia.sh
xset_autostart.sh -> /home/david/scr/cnf/xset_autostart.sh

This option may be just what you need. Sorry I didn't snap to this option
earlier :)