Re: [opensuse-kde3] Make KDE3 aware of non-KDE programs?
On 07/07/2017 07:37 AM, Leslie Turriff wrote:
On 2017-07-05 14:37:54 David C. Rankin wrote:
On 07/03/2017 06:54 PM, Leslie Turriff wrote:
It's not clear to me where to find Save Session. I have looked in
Kmenu's selection list and in its editor list, but see no such entry.

Sorry Leslie,

You must have set control panel -> KDE Components -> Session Manager ->
On Login -> Restore manually saved session

Then you will see the manual save option below :)

Okay, I made the changes as shown in the attachment, then clicked on
Save
Session in the Kmenu list (which provided no feedback), then logged out and
in again; but the non-KDE application still wasn't restored.

Leslie

OK,

Time for more digging. All session restoration is controlled by session
files contained in your ~/.kde/share/config/session directory. The
configuration file responsible for making it work is
~/.kde/share/config/ksmserverrc.

If you look, you will see the applications started as part of your session
in the directory and also listed in the rc file. I will have to search for
documentation (both in my kde install in /opt/kde3/share/doc and online. It is
frustrating that kde.org tried to kill kde3 by removing most of the historical
content and sources from the kde.org website. It is hit or miss as to what
remains.

It is somewhat ironic that kde5 (plasma/fw5) was broken in that regard..

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1446865

Believe it or not, there is still good information in:

https://userbase.kde.org/KDE_System_Administration/Startup

(that part didn't change much (if at all) between kde3/4)

Do a bit of searching and I'll do the same. If I come up with something I'll
drop a reply.