Re: [opensuse-kde3] Setting up BlueTooth with KDE3
On 07/06/2017 10:07 PM, Leslie Turriff wrote:
So where am I likely to find bluetoothctl? It looks to me like the
tools the
OpenSuSE packages are providing might be deprecated? The website says that
hciconfig is.

Yes,

OpenSuSE is generally built on older stable versions, while Archlinux is
build on the current upstream release version. (meaning if say bluez was
version 5.44 and the maintainers release 5.45, then within usually 3 hours the
packaged version on Arch is 5.45) On suse if Leap 42.2 was released with bluez
5.35, it stays 5.35 for the whole release cycle).

My guess is you can do the same thing, you just have to use the man page or
the documentation that came with 5.35 to do what the Arch wiki says
bluetoothctl is now doing -- that's fairly common. I'm sure the 5.3X and 5.4X
releases of bluez represent different milestones. Kinda like firefox 49 and
firefox 52 do...

Sorry I don't have any silver bullet for you on bluetooth (I rather avoid it
like the plague...)