Re: [opensuse-kde3] Make KDE3 aware of non-KDE programs?
  • From: Patrick Serru <patrik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 23:22:49 -0500
On 2017-07-03 00:43:00 David C. Rankin wrote:
On 06/29/2017 03:46 AM, Leslie Turriff wrote:
However, active instances of the program (xx denotes the Xwindows
version of the editor) are not restored after logging out and back in.

Leslie

Leslie,

What are your 'control panel -> kde components -> session manager'
settings? Do you have 'Restore previous session' checked?

Yes, of course. KDE3 apps such as Konqueror and Konsole restart as
expected; even FireFox does if I take it out of the 'Applications to be
excluded from sessions' list in Session Manager.

You may also want
to change that temporarily to 'Restore manually saved session', then set
the running apps you want in the session and choose 'Save session' from
kmenu (it will show up as 2nd from bottom).

It's not clear to me where to find Save Session. I have looked in
Kmenu's
selection list and in its editor list, but see no such entry.

You should then always restore
that desktop state on login. (you may also try switching back to 'Restore
previous session' and see if it will work from that point forward)

------------------
To see this item in the KDE menu, you must first launch kcontrol, -> "KDE
components" -> "session managing" or "session administration". In the middel
of the window, there is be frame titled "at connexion time", in which you
have three possibilities : choose "restor the manualy saved session".

I have a french version and I am not certain at all of the traduction of
the differents items above, sorry about that, but you should find without
difficulty.

Patrick
< Previous Next >
List Navigation