Re: [opensuse-kde3] Default SDDM cannot be customized or replaced without KDE4 or Plasma?
Mark Goldstein composed on 2017-04-24 09:26 (UTC+0300):

Leslie Turriff wrote:

I used the YaST /etc/sysconfig editor component to attempt to change the
display manager to kdm, but that has no effect. How can I (preferably)
replace SDDM with KDM, or at least configure SDDM so that it doesn't display
login ID information?

Create softlink in /usr/bin to either kdm3 (/opt/kde/bin/kdm) or tdm
and then change DISPLAY_MANAGER through YaST or manually to kdm3 or
tdm.

No symlink needed here. Just put the right strings into displaymanager:

# grep kdm3 /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager
DISPLAYMANAGER="kdm3"
or
# grep tdm /etc/sysconfig/displaymanager
DISPLAYMANAGER="tdm"

TDM seems to need also /etc/X11/default-display-manager containing only:
/opt/trinity/bin/tdm

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/