Re: [opensuse-kde3] Can 42.2 repo work for 42.3alpha?
On 03/28/2017 06:18 AM, David Sterba wrote:
On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 12:55:36AM -0400, Felix Miata wrote:
I tried. Session starts, but KControl opens only Network. 'kcmshell --list'
output is only a header line, no modules listed. Is a 42.3 repo going to be
opened for KDE3: before it's released? If yes, ETA?

I have enabled 42.3 now, lots of builds wait for the base packages so
this will take some time.

Let everyone on list know if you want help punching out issues on 42.3. I've
done a lot with trinity on Arch (it's been a couple of years, but it was on a
pure systemd setup), but have never set up an opensuse build environment for
the entire kde tree.

If you will put out a cheat sheet for setting up the build environment and any
build script you use that contains the build-order (it may just be one master
.spec file with subpackages for the build). I'm happy to pull the sources and
virtualize/setup a build environment locally on one of my boxes and fire off
the build and help fix the failure to build from sources (gcc/glibc changes,
etc.). I transitioned TDE from gcc 4.4-4.8, so I feel you pain...

If there is an easy way to simply branch the build to my buildservice account,
that is an option, but I detest building on buildservice, it is horribly
clumsy and cumbersome from an editing standpoint. (I'd rather have the option
to open all relevant sources in kate and work locally)

I'm sure others here can help as well. KDE3 has been rock-solid on 42.2 (aside
from a couple of nits, help documentation paths, etc.)

Let us know if there is a relatively straight forward way to help.