Re: [opensuse-kde3] WiFi on Presario c700
On Saturday 21 May 2016 17:41:02 Patrick Serru wrote:
Hello all,

I'm confused with my labtop Presario c700, I've only used with Windows
for Skype. In that other world, the button on the top of the device
inhibits the radio transmission. It seems that the treatment of this
luminous button (blue-red) was neither material nor BIOS, which looks
confirmed after having the 13.2 installed.

How do I choose the ethernet or WiFi with a + 13.2 KDE3 ? The
kdenetwork3-wireless and wireless-tools packages are installed. Two icons
related to knemo appear in the taskbar.

Kwifimanager sure looks nice, but it does not find network and in
addition, the item "Disable Radio" from the "File" menu is always selected,
whereas when I active this item, it is me asked the root password. The
statistical connection shows me a sliding graph (beautiful, though the
first peak was negative! Yes, yes!).

I must use this machine soon, having to travel...

Thank you for the attention you paid for this email,

Regards,

Patrick

Hello,

Currently networking infrastructure of KDE3 is pretty obsoleted. For the
moment I suggest you to use nm-applet, a Gnome aplication, but is integrating
very well with KDE3.

--
Serghei