Re: [opensuse-kde3] kwallet's openning dialogue
  • From: Patrick Serru <patrik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 13:21:19 -0500
Le lundi 19 octobre 2015, Mark Goldstein a écrit :
Hi,

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 6:01 PM, Patrick Serru <patrik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello All,

I have a KDE3 session opening different applications on different
desks, one of them being kmail on a "secondary" desk. At one moment (here
10 minutes), kmail requires the openning of kwallet. Everything is OK
until here. Some time, as I am working, I forget kmail and because I did
not ear the openning notification sound of that dialogue (not visible
because not on the current desk), it stays open, waiting for the
password. It's still OK. But if konqueror (or maybe an other application)
needs too to open kwallet, the dialogue appears normaly immediately (on
the currently displayed desk, but a second time, then, and I forgot the
one open by kmail). In that sirconstance, if I enter the password and
validate, the system hangs definitively and I have only to reboot because
of this hanging. I hope that I have been clear in my explanations.

I think that a easy way to escape this bad situation without
fixing this "bug" could be to make the window of the dialogue of the
openning of kwallet being VISIBLE ON ALL DESKS. Would it be possible ?

I thank the maintainers of KDE3 packages for there work, and the
attention paid by all readers to this mail.

I did not actually tried it with kwallet, but it should be possible to
make it visible on all desktops.
When the kwallet window is opened, right click on its title bar,
select "Configure window behavior".
"New", "Detect". At this stage you'll see the cross on the screen.
Click inside Kwallet window, then OK. Now you have "Window specific
settings". Select Geometry tab, the check "Desktop" checkbox, Select
"Apply now" from drop-down box and then "All desktops" "OK" and OK
again.
In theory it should do the job...

Regards,
--
Mark Goldstein

Thanks a lot for that. It works. I had just to set (in an other tab)
that the
window should be over all others. It's very nice, and usefull for users that
have head in the moon !

Thank you.
Patrick