Re: [opensuse-kde3] kwallet's openning dialogue
  • From: Mark Goldstein <goldstein.mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 20:21:06 +0300
Hi,

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 6:01 PM, Patrick Serru <patrik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello All,

I have a KDE3 session opening different applications on different
desks, one
of them being kmail on a "secondary" desk. At one moment (here 10 minutes),
kmail requires the openning of kwallet. Everything is OK until here. Some
time, as I am working, I forget kmail and because I did not ear the openning
notification sound of that dialogue (not visible because not on the current
desk), it stays open, waiting for the password. It's still OK. But if
konqueror (or maybe an other application) needs too to open kwallet, the
dialogue appears normaly immediately (on the currently displayed desk, but a
second time, then, and I forgot the one open by kmail). In that sirconstance,
if I enter the password and validate, the system hangs definitively and I
have only to reboot because of this hanging. I hope that I have been clear in
my explanations.

I think that a easy way to escape this bad situation without fixing
this "bug" could be to make the window of the dialogue of the openning of
kwallet being VISIBLE ON ALL DESKS. Would it be possible ?

I thank the maintainers of KDE3 packages for there work, and the
attention
paid by all readers to this mail.

I did not actually tried it with kwallet, but it should be possible to
make it visible on all desktops.
When the kwallet window is opened, right click on its title bar,
select "Configure window behavior".
"New", "Detect". At this stage you'll see the cross on the screen.
Click inside Kwallet window, then OK. Now you have "Window specific
settings". Select Geometry tab, the check "Desktop" checkbox, Select
"Apply now" from drop-down box and then "All desktops" "OK" and OK
again.
In theory it should do the job...

Regards,
--