Re: [opensuse-kde3] 13.1: can only safely remove usb device as root user
  • From: Mark Goldstein <goldstein.mark@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 17:27:51 +0300
Hi,

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 4:12 PM, Ilya Chernykh <anixxsus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I wrote that this solution does not work in openSUSE 13.2.

In that case I do not know the solution, sorry.

I have to admit that I've forgotten about this stuff myself :-(.

I definitely prefer to unmount as root than to remember adding this
policy-kit rules.
But I've just checked on both 13.2 and 13.1.

In 13.1 (the display manager is kdm4) I see the icon of auto-mounted
device, when selecting "safely remove" I'm getting:
Unable to unmount "/dev/sdd1".
Reason: Not authorized to perform operation

But unmount or eject command in terminal window (non-root) work OK.

In 13.2 (the display manger is kdm3) I do not see the icon (strange?),
eject or unmount as non-root fail.
But if I go to "storage media" and select "safely remove" for that
device it works!

I do not think display manager should be important here, though who knows.

I guess, I'll stay with unmounting as root.

--
Mark Goldstein