Re: [opensuse-kde3] 13.1: can only safely remove usb device as root user
Felix, it seems we've both went through this question already:

[opensuse-kde3] 13.1 user cannot eject usb stick
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-kde3/2015-02/msg00001.html

Ilya Chernykh composed on 2015-10-04 18:12 (UTC+0300):

2. Leave udisks2 backend active. In this case the media is recognized
correctly but safe removel does not work.

I am tired to explain this. How to enable safe removal has with udisks2
backend been described in this mailing list myriads of times,

The above linked thread refers you and a solution but I could not find your
original message in the opensuse-kde3 list. In my message I only repeated what
you wrote earlier. Even if the linked polkit solution works I guess it will not
restore the option for changing default mount options, which was the original
behavior of KDE3 automounting.

Cheers,

Istvan