Re: [opensuse-kde3] Closing user's session
  • From: Patrick Serru <patrik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2015 18:27:04 -0500
Le mercredi 08 juillet 2015, Felix Miata a écrit :
Patrick Serru composed on 2015-07-08 10:15 (UTC-0500):
Could someone tell me, please, how root can closes a user's (or all
user's) KDE3 session(s) for it/them to be closed properly, before
executing poweroff. I suppose that there will be the need of some --force
flag, because some open windows like Yast or KEdit with an open modified
file, but if such a flag does not exists, root can "sleep" a time long
enougth before executing Poweroff, to give (me) a chance to handle/close
the hanging windows. I hope that my question is well expressed !

kwin ?, kdeinit ? kdesktop ? dcopserver ? ksmserver ? Nothing
evident...

# killall startkde; poweroff

logs out KDE3 user with only Konsole running and powers down in 13.2.
killall is in package psmisc.

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/
-----------------
Thank you Felix,

It does not seem that it passed correctly. The kate session is not as I
saved it (I've to check carefully) and Amarock, for sure, did not start the
reading from the last read position.

I found this code from forums.opensuse.org:
|| qdbus org.kde.ksmserver /KSMServer org.kde.KSMServerInterface.logout 0 0 0
but does not work on my Oss13.2+KDE3

Typing qdbus --help

|| Usage: qdbus [--system | --address ADDRESS] [--literal] [servicename]
[path] [method] [args]
|| servicename the service to connect to (e.g., org.freedesktop.DBus)
|| path the path to the object (e.g., /)
|| method the method to call, with or without the interface
|| args arguments to pass to the call
||With 0 arguments, qdbus will list the services available on the bus
||With just the servicename, qdbus will list the object paths available on the
service
||With service name and object path, qdbus will list the methods, signals and
properties available on the object
|| --system connect to the system bus
|| --address ADDRESS connect to the given bus
|| --literal print replies literally

No man page for qdbus. Finaly, typing qdbus
||:1.1
|| org.freedesktop.Tracker1.Miner.Userguides
||:1.10
|| org.freedesktop.Tracker1.Miner.Files
|| org.freedesktop.Tracker1.Miner.Files.Index
||:1.11
|| org.freedesktop.Tracker1.Miner.Extract
||:1.12
|| org.gtk.Private.UDisks2VolumeMonitor
||:1.13
|| org.gtk.Private.GPhoto2VolumeMonitor
||:1.14
|| org.gtk.Private.GoaVolumeMonitor
||:1.15
|| org.gnome.Identity
|| org.gnome.OnlineAccounts|| Usage: qdbus [--system | --address ADDRESS]
[--literal] [servicename] [path] [method] [args]
|| servicename the service to connect to (e.g., org.freedesktop.DBus)
|| path the path to the object (e.g., /)
|| method the method to call, with or without the interface
|| args arguments to pass to the call
||With 0 arguments, qdbus will list the services available on the bus
||With just the servicename, qdbus will list the object paths available on the
service
||With service name and object path, qdbus will list the methods, signals and
properties available on the object
|| --system connect to the system bus
|| --address ADDRESS connect to the given bus

||:1.16
||:1.17
|| org.gtk.Private.AfcVolumeMonitor
||:1.18
|| org.gtk.Private.MTPVolumeMonitor
||:1.2
|| org.gtk.vfs.Daemon
||:1.24
|| org.gtk.vfs.Metadata
||:1.25
||:1.3
|| org.freedesktop.Tracker1.Miner.Applications
||:1.4
||:1.5
|| org.PulseAudio1
|| org.freedesktop.ReserveDevice1.Audio0
|| org.pulseaudio.Server
||:1.6
||:1.7
|| org.gnome.GConf
||:1.8
||:1.9
|| org.freedesktop.Tracker1
||org.freedesktop.DBus

The objective is to pass this command trought the "kdesu" command. This
command execute some savegard using "rsync" then "poweroff"

Thank you
Patrick