Re: [opensuse-kde3] 13.1 user cannot eject usb stick
Mark Goldstein írta:
Hi,

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 12:22 AM, Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In 11.4, I put in a stick, a popup asked me what to do, I selected open in
new window, and went on about my business. When business finished, I went
updir in that window, right clicked, and selected safely remove. Safely
remove is denied in 13.1, "not authorized to perform operation".

Felix,
Ilya once sent me the link to some tip that helped me in 12.3. I still
did not try it in 13.1 or 13.2:

- The user should be a member of "users" group.
- create /etc/polkit-1/rules.d/10-allow-mount.rules with the following
contents:

// Allow udisks2 to mount devices without authentication
// for users in the "users" group.
polkit.addRule(function(action, subject) {
if ((action.id == "org.freedesktop.udisks2.filesystem-mount-system" ||
action.id == "org.freedesktop.udisks2.filesystem-mount") &&
subject.isInGroup("users")) {
return polkit.Result.YES;
}
});
polkit.addRule(function(action, subject) {
if ((action.id ==
"org.freedesktop.udisks.filesystem-mount-system-internal") &&
subject.isInGroup("users")) {
return polkit.Result.YES;
}
});

Hello:

I tried the above in openSUSE 13.2 KDE3 and KDE3-trident and it did not work in
them.
Mounting is OK, but unmounting is not.
I haven't tried it in KDE3-HAL enabled version.

Istvan