Re: [opensuse-kde3] artsd autosuspend
On Thursday 24 May 2012 19:08:42 Michael Lashkevich wrote:

There is a problem with arts daemon (approximately since OpenSUSE 11.4; now I
am using 12.1). When I set autosuspend delay to 5 seconds, some of sounds
(e.g. beep when I press backspace on an empty line in xterm) disappear in
five seconds after last use of any player application. When I unset
autosuspend, artsd wastes about 5-7% of CPU. It seems like artsd grabs all
sounds, including non-KDE ones. Does somebody know what to do?

Did you try disable KDE sound system in Control Center?