Re: [opensuse-kde3] Retro-fitting the Kmail from KDE3.5 into KDE4.x
On February 15, 2012 10:48:44 am Stan Goodman wrote:
After installing v12.1 I have been able to configure nearly everything I
want on the desktop, the exception being the SMTP configuration
in Kmail. I have given up trying to find the corruption that is
preventing Kmail from sending messages, although I am pretty sure
Akonadi is involved. My preferred solution at this point would be to
fall Kmail back to the version that was in KDE3.5, leaving the rest of
the KDE v4.7 as it is. Is this feasible? Are there people who have done
this, and can comment on pros and cons, and on how to go about it?

If that is not a desirable solution for any reason, Plan B would be to
replace the existing KDE 4.7 with KDE 3.5, presumably by the one-click
installation.

And, since it is still very early days for my oS 12.1 it would not be
too difficult or inconvenient to reinstall a clean 12.1 from scratch, if
that were advantageous.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

Stan, I've done just that on several laptops.

I Installed 12.1, got everything working, did all the updates.

I uninstalled KDEPIM 4 and added the opensuse KDE3 repos. Then I installed
KDEPIM3. It works fine here on both laptops.

Bob.

--
Bob Smits <bob@xxxxxxxxx>

Poverty is the worst form of violence