Re: [opensuse-kde3] Display only partially display for root - Areas of desktop get blanked out
On 04/03/2011 07:44 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
Guys,

Here is a strange on. When I logged in as root to check on kpowersave. Different
areas of the display background would blank out. This started as soon as I
closed the tips dialog. I could move a window around and force a redraw and the
background would come back, but then opening another window would case the areas
to blank again.

As a normal user -- everything is fine, but if I open a kcontrol module and
choose "administrator mode", I get the same behavior. This leads me to believe
it is kde3 related and not related to the earlier Xorg bug. Here are a couple of
screenshots. The black areas of the background are blank:

http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/suse/bugs/114/X/display-blanks-as-root1.jpg

http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/suse/bugs/114/X/display-blanks-as-root.jpg

What say the experts?

Further investigating suggests that this isn't kde3 at all. It looks like X. I have had this problem on multiple desktops now.

Has anyone else seen this on their system when the open up a kcontrol item that has an "Administrator Mode" button (i.e. 'kcmshell kdm') after you press the Administrator Mode button?