Re: [opensuse-kde3] kpowersave is Greyed out as normal user??
On Monday 04 Apr 2011 02:17:59 David C. Rankin wrote:
On 04/03/2011 06:43 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
Ilya, Robert, All,

I am having a problem with kpowersave (battery monitor) on my laptop. It
won't launch from the menu, but I can force it to start from the command
line with:

kpowersave &

When it runs, it is greyed out and does not appear to be working
correctly. Here is a screenshot of my kicker showing the greyed-out
kpowersave:

[12k]
http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/suse/bugs/114/kde3/kpowersave-greyed-out.jp

I'm not even sure what to check to try and troubleshoot. I'll try logging
in as root and seeing what happens and report back. Do you have any
other ideas of what I should look for to try and figure this one out?
Thanks.

It is the same for root. Here are additional screenshots showing the
tooltip and the kcmshell kdesktop kpowersave dialog:

http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/suse/bugs/114/kde3/kpowersave-greyed-out-root
.jpg

http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/suse/bugs/114/kde3/kpowersave-kdesktop.jpg

Powersave, the daemon that KPowersave configures, was phased out and replaced
by various hal and then upower services. KPowersave is obsolete now.

Will

--
Will Stephenson, openSUSE Team