[opensuse-kde3] Display only partially display for root - Areas of desktop get blanked out
Guys,

Here is a strange on. When I logged in as root to check on kpowersave. Different areas of the display background would blank out. This started as soon as I closed the tips dialog. I could move a window around and force a redraw and the background would come back, but then opening another window would case the areas to blank again.

As a normal user -- everything is fine, but if I open a kcontrol module and choose "administrator mode", I get the same behavior. This leads me to believe it is kde3 related and not related to the earlier Xorg bug. Here are a couple of screenshots. The black areas of the background are blank:

http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/suse/bugs/114/X/display-blanks-as-root1.jpg

http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/suse/bugs/114/X/display-blanks-as-root.jpg

What say the experts?