Re: [opensuse-kde3] kpowersave is Greyed out as normal user??
On 04/03/2011 06:43 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
Ilya, Robert, All,

I am having a problem with kpowersave (battery monitor) on my laptop. It won't
launch from the menu, but I can force it to start from the command line with:

kpowersave &

When it runs, it is greyed out and does not appear to be working correctly. Here
is a screenshot of my kicker showing the greyed-out kpowersave:

[12k]
http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/suse/bugs/114/kde3/kpowersave-greyed-out.jpg

I'm not even sure what to check to try and troubleshoot. I'll try logging in as
root and seeing what happens and report back. Do you have any other ideas of
what I should look for to try and figure this one out? Thanks.

It is the same for root. Here are additional screenshots showing the tooltip and the kcmshell kdesktop kpowersave dialog:

http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/suse/bugs/114/kde3/kpowersave-greyed-out-root.jpg

http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/suse/bugs/114/kde3/kpowersave-kdesktop.jpg