Re: [opensuse-kde3] USB sticks not getting mounted, spotty mounting of DVDs (KDE3/11.4-32bit)
*** SOLVED **

On Sunday 20 March 2011 12:32:08 pm Erik Sorenson wrote:
Plugging in a usb stick results in no action/notification at all by KDE3.
Inserting a DVD is 99% unlikely to result in notification/mounting by KDE
(i.e., "what do you want to do?").

Dumb, dumb. I had cut back too far on KDE message notification. Re-enabled
some common ones, logged in/out, and USB stick was recognized ... KDE asked
me what to do. Success!

BTW (for other newbies like me), "/var/log/messages" was where I found out
that the OS was "doing its thing" and recognizing the USB stick. From there,
it was just logic that lead me to Personal Setting > Sound & Multimedia >
Notifications, to see where I had cut back too much on notifications.

Sorry folks.