[opensuse-kde3] 11.4 - launching kde3 as root launches kde4??
Ilya, All,

What is up with root login loading kde4 even though the session selected is kde3? I even went back and deleted /root/.kde4 and /var/tmp/kdecache-root and tried again. It still loaded kde4 even though KDE3 was selected in the chooser.

I don't even have kde4 installed. I guess the runtime base got installed to support some kde apps, but I was very careful in install going through the "Detailed Package Selection" to make sure nothing but the kde4 runtime was installed.

How can I login to kde3 as root?

(I do this a least once to set the default fonts, etc so when I launch kate/kwrite as root in my kde3 session, the fonts and icons are correct)

What say the experts?