Re: [opensuse-kde3] Could Use Help re: KDE 3.5 on 11.4
On 03/11/2011 07:39 AM, Erik Sorenson wrote:
On Friday 11 March 2011 5:57:37 am Ilya Chernykh wrote:
Do you use an SVG icon theme (Oxygen)? If you use an SVG-based theme, try
to manually change the icon theme through the config files to a
raster-based theme (for example, KDE Classic). Then try to run the icon
kcontrol module again.

Point of comparison: in my 11.3/3/5 Production system, the icon theme in use
is Crystal SUSE (not Crystal SVG); I think these (below) are the controlling
config files, both with value "<icons name="crystalsuse">":
~/.kde/share/apps/kstyle/themes/original/original.xml
~/.kde/share/apps/kthememanager/themes/original/original.xml

The 11.4/3.5 installs, both x86& x86_64, only have:
~/.kde/share/apps/kthememanager/themes/original/original.xml

The other file does not exist. Both install have the same values in that
config file, assuming that is the place to look. A quick boot into those
partitions reveals that neither "oxygen" nor "sonar" icons/themes are
installed. No "oxygen" on my production 11.3/3.5 either.

Ilya, should I be looking someplace else for the config files?

If you want to configure you icon size, etc.. while waiting on kcontrol to be fixed, you can use the following ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals as a reference. Just exit kde then edit your ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals and add the following sections:

[DesktopIcons]
[Icons]
[MainToolbarIcons]
[PanelIcons]