[opensuse-kde3] Hah! 11.4 desktop configured - Despite no kcontrol :)
Ilya, All,

I got the kde3 desktop configured in my favorite blueslate theme and the icon sizes set even with kcontrol broken :)

http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/ss/kde/opensuse_114-blueslate.jpg

http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/ss/kde/opensuse_114-blueslate-menu.jpg

If you want to configure you icon size, etc.. while waiting on kcontrol to be fixed, you can use the following ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals as a reference. Just exit kde then edit your ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals and add the following sections:

[DesktopIcons]
[Icons]
[MainToolbarIcons]
[PanelIcons]
[SmallIcons]
[ToolbarIcons]

** you must NOT be in kde3 when you do this or kdeglobals may be overwritten on exit. (it should preserve you setting, but why chance it)

http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/suse/11.4/kde3/kdeglobals