Re: [opensuse-kde3] Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE:KDE3 issues
  • From: Larry Stotler <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 08:33:06 -0400
On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 6:39 AM, Ilya Chernykh <neptunia@xxxxxxx> wrote:
The patterns in Yast are complete mess. You can find many KDE4 apps
under KDE3 patterns and vice versa, KDE3 packages under KDE4 patterns.

This has been a problem since 11.0. As an example, KDE4 games were
installed in KDE3.

Also I do not know where they are defined, my bug-reports were closed as
won'tfix

We would have to find someone to assign them to and then re-open them.
I don't program, so I'm not very helpful other than testing.

NM is not really necessary as we have Yast. At least I do not use it.

NM is useful if you are using wireless. For wired, I turn it off.