Re: [opensuse-kde3] Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE:KDE3 issues
  • From: Ilya Chernykh <neptunia@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 14:45:25 +0400
On Wednesday 01 September 2010 14:23:55 Will Stephenson wrote:

- OpenSUSE maintainers, what's your opinion about possibility
to include KDE3 option to OpenSUSE?

P(inclusion) = 0. Sorry.

I think this would create a marketing advantage for OpenSUSE and
an information injection in media. You know Shuttleworth creates such
injections every week like 'we will drop aptitude', 'ubuntu will include new
notificator', 'we willmove buttons left', 'we will move buttons back
right', 'we will after all keep then in left', 'dell refuses Ubuntu', 'dell
refutes it refuses ubuntu' etc.

A news that OpenSUSE restored KDE3 would attract much more
attention and new users. This will also demonstrate the triumph
and superiority of OBS technology. OpenSUSE would not need include
all KDE3, just only kdebase3-workplace and an option to connect
to the community repo.