Re: [opensuse-kde] FYI: 13.2 and 42.1 support will be dropped in most KDE: repositories, other reorganizations
On mercredi, 8 février 2017 08.25:25 h CET Luca Beltrame wrote:
Hello,

in an effort to save build power and reorganize repositories where it makes
sense, we're removing support for 13.2 in the KDE: repositories. This is due
to the fact that 13.2 is now EOL'd and the base system is so old that it's
difficult to get new dependencies there.

For a similar reason we're removing support for Leap 42.1 from
KDE:Applications and KDE:Frameworks5 (and the :Unstable equivalents). The
same caveats apply there. 42.1 users will still be able to use the LTS
variants of Plasma and Frameworks at KDE:Frameworks5:LTS.

Support for 42.1 will remain in KDE:Extra, because the dependencies are less
strict there.

Lastly, KDE:Applications for Leap 42.2 will be adjusted in a way that it
will *require* KDE:Frameworks5 to be present. The reasoning is that
otherwise it will be impossible to build some parts of the stack (PIM in
particular) with the 42.2 base.

These changes will go into effect this weekend.

but but but I'm working this weekend, I can't upgrade my wife's 42.1 :-)
Thanks for the annoncement, the hardwork, and beat that Neon's ;-)

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch