Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE 4.9.1 Workplace window is gone.
On Thu 20 Sep 2012 07:26:33 AM EDT, Werner Flamme wrote:

Günther J. Niederwimmer [20.09.2012 13:11]:
Hello,

is with kde 4.9.1 a change in the desktop?

On my system my workplace window is gone and now I have the icons
on the Desktop ?

Is it a way to regenerate the old view?

Try to play around (after a left-klick) with the 3 red-blue-green
buttons beneath the SUSE menu. These are the activities, and I'm quite
sure that on some activity you will rediscover your old desktop.

HTH
Werner

That happened to me last night. I made a backup copy of .kde4, deleted it and restarted my computer.
Once you can see the taskbar, select the "Show Activities Manager". You may have to select
"Create activity -->Templates-->Desktop Icons".

Cheers!

Roman