Re: openSUSE KDE team (was Re: [opensuse-kde] Missing package/update in KDF)
On Thursday 20 Sep 2012 10:27:18 Nico Kruber wrote:
Sure I know this. It was more a meant like this:
If you want to use KR:xy as a devel project for updates for an openSUSE
release you should only update, e.g. amarok in this repo, if you really
are
fine to release this also as an online update. Otherwise this workflow
will
not work for non SC packages.

I'm not quite sure of the update workflow - I did however see an
Update:Test repo - but I don't know exactly what purpose it has
My guess was that the devel project submits to this repo and then after
testing, eventually it gets released as an update

From http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Maintenance,
see the "Maintenance Process" box.

See also
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Maintenance_policy
note, "no new dependencies, no new sub-packages, no version updates for the
sake of version update"

Will
--
Will Stephenson, openSUSE Board, Booster, KDE Developer
(AG Nürnberg)