Re: openSUSE KDE team (was Re: [opensuse-kde] Missing package/update in KDF)
On Wednesday 19 Sep 2012 13:01:15 Sven Burmeister wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 19. September 2012, 12:37:39 schrieb Nico Kruber:
This is something we should request from the zypper team though - leaving
old build packages in the repo (or some sort of repo snapshots) is just
one
part of the deal...

The update repo contains multiple builds of the same package version and
multiple versions of the same package. So this is possible already, yet I do
not know how.

Alternatively we could add something to the version if the KDE update repo
is updated, i.e. something like KDE 4.9.1.1 and the next time links are
updated 4.9.1.2 etc. If 4.9.1.1 does not allow 4.9.1.2 reverting one
package should drag the rest with them.

Of course a more convenient solution would be better but as long as there is
no need it will not be created.

I was thinking about a simple button in the web UI allowing me to snapshot a
whole (completely build and published) repo so that all currently published
packages are left even in case of rebuilds. Also something like a one-click-
install installing (up/downgrading) packages to exactly those versions

Nico