Re: openSUSE KDE team (was Re: [opensuse-kde] Missing package/update in KDF)
On Tuesday 18 Sep 2012 21:14:55 Christian Trippe wrote:
Am Dienstag, 18. September 2012, 15:12:18 schrieb Raymond Wooninck:
So one idea might be to declare the KRxy repo with the the openSUSE release
KDE version as a KDE devel project for that openSUSE version and submit
updates to the official update repo from there.

+1

If this happens there are IMHO two things to discuss:
1.) Should every minor update of the KDE SC be released as an official
update? Personally I would say that the last minor update should be
mandatory and everything else could be dealt with on a case by case basis.

+1

2.) How to deal with packages not being part of KDE SC, e.g. amarok?
Here my personal opinion would be that as KRxy would be used as a devel
project also only bugfix release should be allowed.

That is easier said than done, because e.g. amarok and digicam don't really
offer bugfix releases - during the last official releases, not only bugfixes
were introduced, but also new features.

Since a potential bug only influences that particular application, it is not
as big of a deal as a bug in a kde lib or kwin etc...
This is similar to the Firefox,Thunderbird release cycle for which new
versions are also shipped in openSUSE:Update.

Here I would agree with Martin that KDF should still be build also for older
releases

If so, I'd suggest to only build for the latest release (currently 12.2) +
Factory to keep build server use down

Nico