Re: openSUSE KDE team (was Re: [opensuse-kde] Missing package/update in KDF)
Am Dienstag, 18. September 2012, 16:56:37 schrieb Martin Schlander:

Meaning that every casual non-KDE fanboy user - including my mother - would
be burdened with 500 megs of updates

The size can (and should) be significantly reduced by blocking rebuilding
artwork packages. No need to ship unchanged wallpapers and icons.

Kubuntu ships only updated packages that actually changed and I've read a
discussion in the archives of the KDE release mailing list to follow that
model.

every 2-4 weeks

Since when do SC updates take fewer than 4 weeks?

with regressions and
changed behaviour - unless of course the user stops using openSUSE and/or
KDE.

Fedora-KDE skips 4.y.0 versions and updates from 4.x.4 to 4.y.1 to minimize
regressions.
They argue that SC has matured enough to not contain disruptive changes in
workflow anyway and I think the point is valid. The last big change was
Dolphin 2.0 and at worst individual applications can be blocked for update.