Re: [opensuse-kde] Kontact/Kmail 4.8.5 Bugs
  • From: Lívio Cipriano <lcmail4lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 14:33:39 +0100
On 18 September 2012 14:06:53 Luca Beltrame wrote:
In data martedì 18 settembre 2012 11:57:09, Lívio Cipriano ha scritto:

(sending to list too, since I botched the reply)

it runs and it's from this kmail session that i'm writing this message.

Third option, since I didn't see (from a quick glance) anything too
suspicious: can you test this with a different (possibly fresh) user
account?

Hi,

1. I started Kontact from a new KDE session and fresh user account
2. i created 2 new contacts in a new Personal Contacts resource
3. In the Configure Kmail->Composer->Configure Completion Order, the list of
Address Books appears
3. I compose an e-mail, and I want the recipients e-mail/names to complete but
this functionality didn't worked
4. I restarted the Akonadi Server and the completion functionally started
working, showing both contacts.
5. I return to may account and I started Kontact from a new KDE session
6. I open a new message compose and the following message appeared, as show in
the annexed image
7. After some minutes, the message disappeared and this functionality start to
work "randomly", meaning, ex., the emails of persons that their names start
with "C" appear, but not those that start with
"B".
8. I quit from Kontact
9. I restart it from the console with the following commands

lcipriano@venus:~> kontact
lcipriano@venus:~> ps aux | grep kontact
1000 5461 8.8 5.1 228068 105032 ? Sl 11:15 1:51
/usr/bin/kontact

so kontact it's running, but the windows doesn't shows up.

10. I start kmail, again from console and the following messages are outputted

lcipriano@venus:~> kmail
kmail2(6347)/kdepimlibs (mailtransport): Could not access Outbox.

it runs and it's from this kmail session that i'm writing this message.

11. I collected this messages from the Akonadi logs

from akonadi_control.error and akonadia_control.error.old :
void AgentManager::load() Reference to unknown agent type
"akonadi_archivemail_agent" in agentsrc

from akonadiaserver.error.old:
Control process died, committing suicide!
D-Bus session bus went down - quitting

Regards

Lívio