Re: [opensuse-kde] Re: Re: Apper Problem Update KDE 4.9.1
On Sun, 16 Sep 2012 09:02, Will Stephenson <wstephenson@...> wrote:
On Sunday 16 Sep 2012 15:16:22 Basil Chupin wrote:
I'd try setting the priorities for the repos right.

No, this does nothing to alleviate the cock-up: KDE 4.9.1 is still being
"upgraded" to 4.8.5 by either zypper or online update (apper).

zypper addlock... as pointed out by AJ earlier is the correct workaround.

(I have a hunch that PackageKit-zypp ignores priorities internally)

Will

[sarcasm] Great. Wonderful. I LOVE PackageKit at whole. [/sarcasm]

Can we please set a point:

* make sure PackageKit-zypp respects priorities and locks

as MUST have for OSS 12.3, as in "no release" without prof and successful
tests for that, to undermine such cock-ups for the future.

Will, can you ask around at work, what would the best way to handle this
suspicion of misbehaviour in PackageKit-zypp, a general warning, and asking
for tests on all/most openSUSE lists (at least the devel-lists)?

Could the maintainers of PackageKit-zypp fabricate a test-case for it?

This is not throwing around blame, this is seeking permanent solutions,
and maybe a short term workaround (e.g. AJ's) to be published in the wiki
(KDE-Release, "most annoying bugs", "known bugs" pages). So we can point
people seeking help to a workaround / solution.

None the less, OSS 12.2 is much better out of the box than 11.3, 11.4,
and 12.1. Sure there's a flurry of updates that I'd liked to have in GM,
but better than the last releases it is, for sure. I'm on the way to upgrade the last 11.2 Evergreen systems to 12.2, and it's well received.

-- Yamaban, who likes to use "zypper -v up -r repo", and this is why.