Re: [opensuse-kde] our goals for 12.3
  • From: Bruno Friedmann <bruno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 11:05:44 +0200
On Friday 14 September 2012 14.07:22 Will Stephenson wrote:
A worthy list, to which I would add everythign we didn't get done or drop for
12.2: http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:KDE_feature_plan_12.2

* More polished display manager them, switchable userlist

Normally, at least it was developed like that
kdm for 12.2 should not have a userlist by default to respect the view of
security team like in 11.4 and 12.1
On 11.4 and 12.1 as the theme didn't contain any userlist nor domain field it
was auto-wrongly-magically hidden.

But this is setting is not in the branding but in kdm rpm and has to be fixed
(our default is inverse compared to kde upstream)

Then user with appropriate right (root) can use systemsetting kdm module and
activate the userlist if he want.

To be honest the userlist is a wart in the global kdm rendering for 12.2, it
was just added to give users the choice to have it
or not.

So if someone in charge of kdm package could review and propose a fix for the
default. and also get fixed in the right place
the name theme which was fixed from SuSE to openSUSE.

Thanks.

--
Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch