Re: [opensuse-kde] our goals for 12.3
Torsdag den 13. september 2012 15:00:52 skrev Alin M Elena:
Can we make a list of our goals for 12.3?

add your favourites..

* Include KDE Telepathy, SFLPhone (backend+KDE client), Kamoso and
Knights in the official distribution.

* Include the necessary stuff for video thumbnails/previews in the default
installation (assuming it works, unlike in the 4.8.5 update >:-)

* Evaluate Plasma Media Center for inclusion (tech preview?)

* Polishing and enhancing various KCMs - especially krandr (more relevant
than ever now that the nvidia blob supports xrandr), File Associations
(make it possible to change default app for a whole category of MIME-
types in one step, e.g. "video", "txt", "audio" etc.)

* Print manager job applet (if printmanager doesn't get elegantly
integrated into SC 4.10 upstream).

* A simple, smooth, reliable tool to notify about and install updates. Maybe
a QML plasmoid talking with libzypp directly without layers of RH
experiments and research projects inbetween.

* Use YaST to install local RPMs when clicked in Dolphin instead of
Apper/PackageKit

* A (KDE) tool to set GTK3 theme (kde-gtk-config?)

* Make the default desktop not start Akonadi by default and make Akonadi
not start/run when users don't have any PIM data

* Do a review of core/default KDE apps to make sure they're properly
associated with all the MIME types they're actually capable of opening.

* Qt 5?