Re: [opensuse-kde] No devel files for libkipi
On Tuesday 11 Sep 2012 11:44:06 Sven Burmeister wrote:
Am Dienstag, 11. September 2012, 09:32:22 schrieb Will Stephenson:
On Tuesday 11 Sep 2012 02:02:33 Sven Burmeister wrote:
Does somebody know why if I compile libkipi from the digikam
compilation,
i.e. enable compiling private libs, no -devel files are installed. There
are no files installed to %{_includedir}/libkipi/

I don't know the digikam build, but intuitively, not installing the
headers
is correct. The system libkipi from kdegraphics should provide the public
headers, digikam is just bundling a private copy for itself to build
against and use, and those headers should not be installed to prevent
conflicts with the official ones.

Make sense. So I should throw away all other files that would normally go
into the -devel and just not provide a devel package?

Yes. An exception would be if digikam itself was extensible basing on
installed development headers but I'm not aware that this is the case.

Will

--
Will Stephenson, openSUSE Board, Booster, KDE Developer
(AG Nürnberg)