Re: [opensuse-kde] Could not start process pop3
  • From: Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2012 01:07:06 +0200
Am Samstag, 8. September 2012, 14:16:07 schrieb Bob S:
Well Sven,thank you for remining me about which list is proper tp post to
but you see, I do not have an issue with kmail on KDE3, It runs just fine
there. The issue is running it on KDE4.9. Ergo this is probably the correct
list. Maybe you didnlt read or understand my posting for help,

I understand that you are using unmaintained and hence unsupported software
and you are mixing it with KDE4. And you wonder why you get into trouble with
that.

Or to put it differently, running KDE3's kmail in KDE4 is not supported. If it
works, that's fine, if not ask those that provided the unmaintained software
to you -> opensuse-kde3.

So tell me, when 4.9 says It cannot start process pop3, what does it mean
and how do I fix it?

By not using unmaintained software. It's as simple as that.

Sven