Re: [opensuse-kde] KDE:Distro:Stable is now openSUSE 12.2
On Wednesday 05 Sep 2012 20:14:45 Nico Kruber wrote:
On Wednesday 05 Sep 2012 18:33:28 Sven Burmeister wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 5. September 2012, 18:22:34 schrieb Nico Kruber:
re-enabling KR49 now would burden the OBS with twice as many build jobs
(KR49+KDF!
-> so, now the only thing we can do is wait for KDF to finish and use
4.9.1
from there (or wait until KR49 is set up + build + published again)

If one links the packages from KDF to KR49, after they finished building
in
KDF within a few days, they will have to be built again, won't they. This
would take even more days until KR49 gets to where it would be if it was
not interrupted.

yes - but KDF will have 4.9.1 then...

So why should KR49 suffer? I'd say stop KDF and re-enable KR49. If KR49 is
finished completely KDF can do whatever it wants as long as it does not
have any negative impact on KR49.

that would be another option - however, I think, KR49 will need a complete
rebuild now (after the packages have been re-linked to KDF) while KDF has
already built some packages and I'd guess, KDF is thus ready earlier

personally, I don't mind which repo has 4.9.1 first - I'll happily switch :)

I wouldn't mind an increased build priority though ;)

I checked earlier today, it already has high priority.

I've stopped KDF build to save cycles and prevent changes there from
triggering KR49 rebuilds.

KR49 build has been reenabled (not by me) and seems to have picked up building
the packages that were not published as 4.9.1, so I conclude that build was
disabled before KR49 had built through, enabling a publish of the partial
results that we see in the repos.

Dirk, please allow KR49 to complete and publish 12.1 and 12.2 before starting
work in KDF again; it's clear that we should have a published 4.9.1 first.

Will
--
Will Stephenson, openSUSE Board, Booster, KDE Developer
(AG Nürnberg)