Re: [opensuse-kde] How long is a piece of string?.........
On Monday 03 Sep 2012 18:50:27 Basil Chupin wrote:
On 03/09/12 18:10, Nico Kruber wrote:
On Monday 03 Sep 2012 16:45:09 Basil Chupin wrote:
.......it is as long as the time it is taking to get KDE 4.9 for
openSUSE out the door :-( .

How much longer before KDE 4.9 becomes available, can anyone provide an
answer, please?

-25days or so :P

please check out KDE:Release:49 which has been building KDE 4.9.0 for
quite
some time now
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Release:/49/

Oh I know that it is been building for a while :-) - I've been looking at

https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor?project=KDE%3ARelease%3A49

for days and days and the results there are up and down like a yo-yo on
steroids! :-)

feel free to submit fixes to improve the packages...

Doing a 'zypper dup --from xxxxx' doesn't give me a picture with which I
would like to travel which is why I haven't gone with what *is* there

I updated my 12.2 to KR49 yesterday but had to start with the upstream
branding until I added the appropriate packages yesterday (no showstopper
though)

(especially since kdegames4 are still not there even though they have
been built successfully).

yes, I fixed that yesterday, too, unfortunately, publishing has been disabled
(probably to start on 4.9.1)
todd, how do you feel about re-enabling publishing until everything has been
published before starting with 4.9.1? Everything is built now and it would be
nice to have a stable snapshot before.

Nico