Re: [opensuse-kde] KMenu in 47
On Mon, 01 Aug 2011 00:09:17 +0530, Robert Xu <robxu9@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 14:36, dh <mesamoo115@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sunday, July 31, 2011, Carl Fletcher wrote:
On 31/07/11 08:47, Eric Schirra wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have updated KDE to Release:47.
> And now the KMenu is not so as in opensuse 11.4.
> I missing the "New Programms" and I missing the left arrow in menus to
> Is there one change to bring back the original opensuse 11.4
> functionality
> <http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&p=Ci4HO3kMAA&search=functionality&tre
> str=0x8001>?
>
> eRiC

I see the same. And was wondering. I see a breadcrumb trail along the
head of the menu and have been using that.

I also am wondering about the missing arrow, breadcrumbs are fine, but
require moving the mouse further than the previous method slowing down the
users work flow.

Is there a way to turn the arrow back on?

I haven't had a chance to check for the new programs markings

According to this:
http://www.kde.org/announcements/4.7/plasma.php

The breadcrumbs is the new style now.

Commence cursing. (which is what I did when I updated today)

i fail to see the big difference between moving the mouse slightly to the left, or slightly
up. for a fast workflow, i use keyboard shortcuts or <alt><F2>...

--
phani.