Re: [opensuse-kde] kmail interupted a lot by synchronizing
  • From: auxsvr@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 21:19:51 +0300
On Sunday 31 of July 2011 21:51:21 Constant Brouerius van Nidek wrote:
Since the update to 4.7 I have had problems with kmail. I have it
running in the meantime although the migration did not work for me.
It was a small catastrophe it cost me a lot of time and manual work
but it is up and running.

Same here the first time I launched kmail2. After that I removed all
configuration and data files of akonadi and things now work quite well.

One real problem is synchronizing of all folders and subfolders I have
on my system. All folders are synchronized every time my system
fetches email from three pop accounts. That take a lot of time and
99% of my cpu. Also folders who are not affected by any new emails.

I have 3 POP accounts too, and only the folder that receives new email
gets refreshed, in the sense that kmail scans it again to group threads.

Could that have something to do with the following?
After leaving akonadiconsole started on konsole I get a message which
does not make much sense:

QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection
'qt_sql_default_connection' is still in use, all queries will cease
to work.

This appears here too, so it must be irrelevant.

A search for QSqlDtabase did not show up the existence of anything
QSqlDatabase*

Still some hand work ahead?

My experience with the new kdepim indicates that the migration tool may
cause quite a lot of trouble, especially for the configuration of kmail2.
If akonadi is configured correctly and is left to do its work after the
old email is imported, then things resemble the old kdepim with slightly
lower performance and a lot more used memory, which are expected to
improve in due time.

One more thing: I've observed a nasty memory leak in dbus after nepomuk
starts indexing things. Has anyone else seen it?

Regards,
Peter