Re: [opensuse-kde] KMail2 and related things
On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 9:41 AM, Sven Burmeister
<sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Freitag, 29. Juli 2011, 13:53:43 schrieb İsmail Dönmez:
I couldn't ship a known-to-be broken software with a straight face, so I
changed akonadi to use SQLite backend, which btw Fedora is now defaulting
(they did before us).

So if akonadi is slow it's probably due to using sqlite – I hope users mention
their backend when reporting bugs otherwise this will lead to lots of lost
time upstream.

I'm still searching but I read that sqlite was dumped for a reason, I think
locking issues while writing to the db. Were those resolved or did you just
assume that sqlite and mysql would fit equally well?

I went back and tried postgresql (with standard_confirming_strings =
on) and performance was rather better than sqlite for my two large
IMAP mailboxes. I also tried sqlite which worked fine but HAMMERED my
system while it synchronized some 100,000 emails.

I should look at /how/ sql is being used, though, as it looked like
there were some inefficiencies.

--
Jon