Re: [opensuse-kde] KMail2 and related things
  • From: Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 16:50:48 +0200
Am Sonntag, 31. Juli 2011, 16:41:03 schrieb Sven Burmeister:
I'm still searching but I read that sqlite was dumped for a reason, I think
locking issues while writing to the db. Were those resolved or did you just
assume that sqlite and mysql would fit equally well?

Found it:
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/PIM/Akonadi/Database#Sqlite

"Mutex-based transaction serialization in Akonadi (required due to lack of
concurrency support in Sqlite) can block clients while background operations
such as a IMAP sync are going on. This is the real killer here, the more
clients (including background processes like indexing) are accessing the data,
the more blocking you experience. "

Sven